Meeting Minutes for meeting on 11/17/2007
1. Suggestion to the New Administration to
write a press release to:
- acknowledge participation of Asian voters in the elections
- acknowledge contribution
from all groups for raising awareness about voting, Asian voting issues in particular
(purpose: to take
a leadership role to "unite" all Asian efforts.)
2. Next step:
A Chinese/Asian advisory committee is to be
formed. (basic members: the Chinese campaign members that have been meeting regularly during the past few months. Additional
members will be invited to reflect the broader spectrum of the community)
- to group together Asian/Chinese
from different segments representing the community
- in a group effort, to learn together about the current
services for Asians
- to help identify untapped resources that can be developed or are available
to give suggestion to the new administration about services gaps, improvement and/or new initiatives corresponding to
3. Chinese name of the Mayor Elect
"Names" are usually translated phonetically. There is still
no standard Chinese name for "Tom KOCH".
- Keep the English name and not using any Chinese name.
- Work out one standard Chinese name and inform all Chinese media.
- other better options ... etc.
4. Next meeting
Sat., Dec 15, 2007 at 1pm at the headquarters
(John Downey will check if the headquarters will